THE LIFE IN A DAY OF KERRIN: THE HORSEY SIDE

A VERY WARM WELCOME TO MY BLOG!


This is the place where I record my current learning experiences with horses. I’m personally aiming to become an excellent horsewoman, but the nature of horses is that they are truly catalysts for personal development. So, while half of my musings will be from a point of observation and communication with horses, this only reflects the way that I am personally developing. Because of this, it is my hope that you can relate to my blog on whatever level you wish. If you are a fellow horseman-in-training: good to meet you, it's wonderful to be on the same journey! But at the same time, if you are a complete stranger to me or to horses, you are just as welcome. Hopefully this blog will bring you some amusement; even if it is just laughing at how mad we horse people can be!


In this blog, you can find pages about my life so far, mentors, and of course, horses and my adventures with them.

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory..."

Monday, May 17, 2010

I'VE HAD A RESPONSE FROM THE PARELLI OFFICE!!

Anja and me in Zanzibar; drinking fresh coconut juice!
Me; arriving in Stonetown, Zanzibar
I'm back from a great girlies weekend with Mona-Liza and Anja in Zanzibar. What a wonderful place, and great company ;)! Visit my Tanzania blog for more news and photos!

I was pleasantly surprised when I opened my inbox, and found this email waiting for me:


Awesome to hear from you Kerrin

Brett will be in touch over the next few days, to get to know you and share a few more details.
I'm popping downunder to Australia for a couple of weeks, will be back in the US early June.

Look forward to meeting you, sounds like you achieved a LOT already in life!

Sue Shoemark



Parelli Central


I mean, WOW!! Not only was I amazed to have received the email in the first place, but also to have got a response on the same day that I submitted my application (friday). Anyway, I got in touch with Brett, the guy that is co-ordinating this while Sue is away, and we arranged to have an interveiw on Skype. I couldn't have had a better interview - the setting was perfect (sitting on the outside veranda in my bikini and a throw over dress, sipping fruit juice, watching the sunset!) and Brett was very pleasant to speak to.

The job description sounds great. Although it will be an office-based job (second best to playing with horses) I think it will be a really good development opportunity for me, and as I've always said, there is so much more to Parelli than just playing with horses. This would be the ideal opportunity to further my understanding of the program, while at the same time, being of use, and meeting the right sort of people!

All very exciting developments, I'll keep you all posted. Keep the prayers and encouragement coming, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment