THE LIFE IN A DAY OF KERRIN: THE HORSEY SIDE

A VERY WARM WELCOME TO MY BLOG!


This is the place where I record my current learning experiences with horses. I’m personally aiming to become an excellent horsewoman, but the nature of horses is that they are truly catalysts for personal development. So, while half of my musings will be from a point of observation and communication with horses, this only reflects the way that I am personally developing. Because of this, it is my hope that you can relate to my blog on whatever level you wish. If you are a fellow horseman-in-training: good to meet you, it's wonderful to be on the same journey! But at the same time, if you are a complete stranger to me or to horses, you are just as welcome. Hopefully this blog will bring you some amusement; even if it is just laughing at how mad we horse people can be!


In this blog, you can find pages about my life so far, mentors, and of course, horses and my adventures with them.

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory..."

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Things can be deeper than they seem....

This year I learnt how to dive. I've never had a deep desire to learn how to dive, neither has it been a big goal in my life. I just found myself in the right place, at the right time, with the right kind of funds. What I didn't realize by taking a 5 day diving course, is that I would learn SO much more than diving....You see, I've had a lot of fun on top of the water. Sailing, surfing, body boarding, and swimming are just a few things that come to mind.
When I saw the world under the sea that I was reminded that there is more than one way to see and experience the world. In this case:Diagonally and Horizontally. Neither of these ways are right or wrong, but they're worlds apart.

Sometimes, we approach life with the wrong mindset. We view what's meant to be seen Horizontally as Diagonal.

Sometimes, the things slapping you in the face, the things that make you stumble, the things that you want so badly... but never seem to happen... need to be viewed differently. Don't be afraid to dive down, dear reader, and experience the world below the surface. There are corals down there, and beautiful wildlife. Will you dare to trust?

No comments:

Post a Comment