THE LIFE IN A DAY OF KERRIN: THE HORSEY SIDE

A VERY WARM WELCOME TO MY BLOG!


This is the place where I record my current learning experiences with horses. I’m personally aiming to become an excellent horsewoman, but the nature of horses is that they are truly catalysts for personal development. So, while half of my musings will be from a point of observation and communication with horses, this only reflects the way that I am personally developing. Because of this, it is my hope that you can relate to my blog on whatever level you wish. If you are a fellow horseman-in-training: good to meet you, it's wonderful to be on the same journey! But at the same time, if you are a complete stranger to me or to horses, you are just as welcome. Hopefully this blog will bring you some amusement; even if it is just laughing at how mad we horse people can be!


In this blog, you can find pages about my life so far, mentors, and of course, horses and my adventures with them.

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory..."

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bertie

Hi All,

Many of you will remember that I bought Bertie almost as soon as I returned from the Colorado Parelli Campus. I bought him first and foremost to gain more experience, and also to help
fund my dreams when it eventually came to selling him. As it happens, he is now ready to start developing with other people, and I'm looking to part-share or sell him. Here's more info:

Bertie is a 13.2hh New Forest Pony, 6 years old. His previous owner had him since he was 6 months old, and whilst she didn't do a huge amount with him, he only had positive experiences with humans. Since he has been with me he's been exposed to children, dogs, our 6 other horses, and the general excitement that occurs in a family of 7. I started him under saddle in late March, and since then he has done plenty of hacking on road and off-road (alone and in company; although he still needs to some confidence building when hacking alone) and also some of the Parelli patterns. He is playing in Parelli Level 2. He has been handled and ridden by young teenagers and a 9 year old, and takes everything within his stride. Bert is quite a forward going chap, and could do with gaining more mileage under saddle, so I'm essentially looking for someone to regularly hack him out with me, on a part-share basis. I'd be hoping to sell him by the end of the summer, but would be open to selling him sooner to the right home. He is a lovely pony that enjoys life and relating to people.

Email me for more details.





Our young friend, Peta, from South Africa learns about Parelli with Bertie.











9 year old Kate riding Bert









Peta playing at Liberty - this was her first experience of Parelli!




Yo-yo Game



No comments:

Post a Comment