THE LIFE IN A DAY OF KERRIN: THE HORSEY SIDE

A VERY WARM WELCOME TO MY BLOG!


This is the place where I record my current learning experiences with horses. I’m personally aiming to become an excellent horsewoman, but the nature of horses is that they are truly catalysts for personal development. So, while half of my musings will be from a point of observation and communication with horses, this only reflects the way that I am personally developing. Because of this, it is my hope that you can relate to my blog on whatever level you wish. If you are a fellow horseman-in-training: good to meet you, it's wonderful to be on the same journey! But at the same time, if you are a complete stranger to me or to horses, you are just as welcome. Hopefully this blog will bring you some amusement; even if it is just laughing at how mad we horse people can be!


In this blog, you can find pages about my life so far, mentors, and of course, horses and my adventures with them.

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory..."

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Football with the kids

A lively muddle of energy!

 

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm helping out at the NGO's orphanage in the afternoons. On Easter weekend we helped the children prepare a couple of songs (and exchanged a couple of English songs for Swahili songs, they were VERY amused at our singing of 'head, shoulders, knees and toes') to sing to the lodge guests at lunch. After lunch we had an easter egg hunt and water fight. 


Learning songs



The older kids are passionate about football, and they have their own football field. Anja and I headed down for a game of football this afternoon; all good fun. I was just a little bit lacking in the area of technique, but I made up for it with my enthusiasm...


Football skills practise



I love playing with the toddlers, and there are a LOT of them (around 13). We've invented our own makeshift game of 'sleeping lions.' Basically I wander around chanting 'watoto lala' (children sleep) and they all have to pretend to sleep. As soon as they 'wake up' I chase them and tickle them. I never knew that they could have so much fun with this; I now have most of the children, including the older ones, chanting 'watoto lala' as they see me approaching the orphanage!

Time for a break and a cuddle




No comments:

Post a Comment