THE LIFE IN A DAY OF KERRIN: THE HORSEY SIDE

A VERY WARM WELCOME TO MY BLOG!


This is the place where I record my current learning experiences with horses. I’m personally aiming to become an excellent horsewoman, but the nature of horses is that they are truly catalysts for personal development. So, while half of my musings will be from a point of observation and communication with horses, this only reflects the way that I am personally developing. Because of this, it is my hope that you can relate to my blog on whatever level you wish. If you are a fellow horseman-in-training: good to meet you, it's wonderful to be on the same journey! But at the same time, if you are a complete stranger to me or to horses, you are just as welcome. Hopefully this blog will bring you some amusement; even if it is just laughing at how mad we horse people can be!


In this blog, you can find pages about my life so far, mentors, and of course, horses and my adventures with them.

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory..."

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Evening play sessions!

It would be difficult to have a favourite time of day here, as it is all so wonderful. From taking guests riding in the morning, to teaching Dowdy and Gramsead, to doing the odd jobs, to walking to the orphanage, to playing with or teaching the children, or going around the villages, or teaching Adult English classes, or reading my book, or talking to a variety of people over dinner - I LOVE it all! But, I really enjoy the bit of time I get to myself and the horses at the end of the day.

Friendly game with Noita, the best time of day for bonding,
building on our understanding and trust!








I head down to the horses paddock most evenings, for my bit of down time. Depending on the mood, I'll just sit with the horses, read a book, or have a play (training) session. I usually end up playing with my two favourites: Bahati (the 5 year old, that was castrated last month so still sees himself as the dominant member of the herd!) and Noita (the very sensitive, and gentle, yearling).



Different variations of circling game with Bahati:




I love having my hands on the ropes again, and a bit of time where I don't have (very interested and teachable) people asking about what I'm doing, and requiring assistance with their own horsemanship. Its amazing how quickly both Noita and Bahati learn, it is so rewarding to work with them both. I'll soon start playing with the three foals as well, they are so much fun to watch, so full of playfulness and energy!
Even now, after having experienced this moment with many horses,
I STILL get a lump in my throat when a horse CHOOSES to be with me.
There is nothing more rewarding.











No comments:

Post a Comment