THE LIFE IN A DAY OF KERRIN: THE HORSEY SIDE

A VERY WARM WELCOME TO MY BLOG!


This is the place where I record my current learning experiences with horses. I’m personally aiming to become an excellent horsewoman, but the nature of horses is that they are truly catalysts for personal development. So, while half of my musings will be from a point of observation and communication with horses, this only reflects the way that I am personally developing. Because of this, it is my hope that you can relate to my blog on whatever level you wish. If you are a fellow horseman-in-training: good to meet you, it's wonderful to be on the same journey! But at the same time, if you are a complete stranger to me or to horses, you are just as welcome. Hopefully this blog will bring you some amusement; even if it is just laughing at how mad we horse people can be!


In this blog, you can find pages about my life so far, mentors, and of course, horses and my adventures with them.

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory..."

Friday, July 30, 2010

Another exciting week in the world of a Parelli Social media intern!

I've come to the conclusion that every week here at Parelli Central is unique, I really do love it!

So, first things first, my EXCITING news of the week is that I'm now earning credits as a working student. So, the time spent working a Social Media Intern at Parelli Central will account towards credits, that I can spend on courses and the university program at one of the campuses! Seriously, how awesome is that?!

The next exciting thing, is that we (social media interns Sharon, Gina, and myself) are now allowed to keep horses at the campus. After getting over the disappointment of realizing that my couple of $ in my bank account wouldn't buy me a super horse-transporting jet, I started looking at my potential options... do I lease a horse? Do I use someone else's horse? And if so, from whom?

Okay. Sharon happens to own two horses, both of which are Parellied and have Parelli equipment (my other quandry... do I really want to get a lease horse AND have to buy new equipment?) and it just so happens that Sharon has a 3 horse trailer, so she'll be able to bring both her horses, and Gina's horse, back to the campus next weekend! Of course I'll be using one of Sharon's horses (Beau) and paying for his keep.

Well people, I'm off to Vegas next weekend, and I'll soon have a horse to play with! Yeeeeehaaaaaa....

5 comments:

  1. That is so neat! I am sure you shall have a lot of fun having a horse to play with again :)

    Naturally,
    ~Keri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Yesterday I had the opportunity to play with a horse belonging to someone in the office, I didn't realize how much I've missed my hands-on horse time!

    ~Kerrin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll get loads more experience with another horse! Yay! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so when is your new partner arriving? pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  5. He arrives tomorrow! Unfortunately things with Sharon's horse fell through, as he's gone lame :( so I'll now be borrowing a horse from someone in the office...

    I'm really excited, and I'm sure you'll soon get a blog post (yes, with photos) about it soon!

    Kerrin

    ReplyDelete