THE LIFE IN A DAY OF KERRIN: THE HORSEY SIDE

A VERY WARM WELCOME TO MY BLOG!


This is the place where I record my current learning experiences with horses. I’m personally aiming to become an excellent horsewoman, but the nature of horses is that they are truly catalysts for personal development. So, while half of my musings will be from a point of observation and communication with horses, this only reflects the way that I am personally developing. Because of this, it is my hope that you can relate to my blog on whatever level you wish. If you are a fellow horseman-in-training: good to meet you, it's wonderful to be on the same journey! But at the same time, if you are a complete stranger to me or to horses, you are just as welcome. Hopefully this blog will bring you some amusement; even if it is just laughing at how mad we horse people can be!


In this blog, you can find pages about my life so far, mentors, and of course, horses and my adventures with them.

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory..."

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Parelli Social Media World!

I guess the statement 'time flies when you're having fun' rings true for me! Today marks my third week of being here. While Gina and I comment on the fact that we've been here so long, and don't want these three months to finish, our friends on the fast-track course are all complaining that their four weeks at the campus are over! The group of fast-track students will be leaving this weekend, as will the people participating in the Parelli Level 2 breakthrough course. Things at the campus will probably be quiet for a while, what with only the university students, interns, externs and coaches at the campus for the following week or two!

The past two weeks have been busy, as a lot has been going on in the Parelli media world! First things first, we have another social media intern! Sharon is awesome, and Gina and I are enjoying working with her and sharing our cabin. Early last week, Sue Shoemark, and Neil Pye returned from the UK, along with Pat and Linda Parelli. This resulted in a lot of excitement in the office, and we've had lots of different meetings; quite a bit of brainstorming has been going on. One statement that Pat Parelli regularly makes is: 'the only constant thing in life is change.' This is so true, not only in his approach to life, but with all the things happening in the company and program. Anyway, my bubble of change in the Parelli world is on the social media front, and I think we're all pretty excited about the things going on in the world of Parelli social media: blogger, twitter, facebook, tumblr, and youtube.

I've mostly been involved with blogger and youtube, and doing the tedious task of adding people on twitter! As well as contributing to the Parelli Central blog, I've been reading many different blogs (mostly Parelli student blogs, but also competitive rider's blogs, artist blogs, and online equestrian magazine blogs) and commenting on them where appropriate. It's really good fun, especially when one comment starts off a conversation with about five or six different bloggers!

Anyway guys, I think its time that I get going... catch y'all soon!
~Kerrin

1 comment: